Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Feliz cumpleaños, sailor.

It was my editor's son(Ray)'s birthday yesterday so I made him this mobile. I had to work with what was lying around: stick, trashed paper, thread, and old paint found in the shed. Before you tell me to wipe the brown off my nose, I'll have you know I've been living with his family on their farm in Chile's Andean foothills for the past two months, so I'd say we're all friends. At first I was afraid the mobile would seem too childish for a 13 year old, but the fact that I wanted it for myself after I'd finished quelled those fears. And apparently Ray is really into sailboats, which I didn't know before making this, so hell yeah.

To really appreciate this thing you need to witness it in flight first-hand, so once again I've provided a crappy video courtesy of my point-and-shoot. Musical accompaniment: Iron and Wine cover Postal Service. Watch the shadows.




...also made another crane mobile for Steve and his wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment